It’s been a long, rough, couple of months since my last post. I can briefly fill you in on all the stuff that has happened.
- Our second baby is 4 months old!!!
- My last class ended in wonderful fashion. I had a solid pass rate and I got lots of good feedback about the number talk routines that I began each class with (which I’ll write a blog post about soon).
- I’ve wrapped up a PD that uses the problem solving and helps teachers learn using video (which I’ll write a blog post about soon).
- I took a month to come up with some pretty good New Year’s Resolutions (one of which is to write more blog posts, soon).
- I also started this Eczema Diet after jump to two kids triggered the worst flare of my lifetime with the disease.
- After a fall and winter full of audits and external pressure, our school finally has a clear path forward for some of the things I oversee.
This time was rough largely because of my own difficulties shifting to having a lot less free time, but all of the same problems at work. There was an idea that I just should sit down and focus, causing my blog to get a little dusty. This wasn’t really working. Now I just feel bad for all the things I’m not posting, and I feel all alone because I have no one to talk with about the things that happen on the job. In the next year I’m going to try to put more things on the blog, even though they may not all be of the highest quality and hopefully improve that part of my work life.
Ok, so now that we’re all caught up, let me talk about what is going to happen.
- I’m going to give a black history event with my school’s librarian. It is tentatively called building intergenerational wealth and is going to involve the next version of this Desmos activity.
- I’m going to teach a class about the lottery, which will talk about probability through the lens of the lottery and how it operates in our neighborhoods.
- One of my New Year’s resolutions is to write more about the administrative part of my job, and figure out how to make it interesting and valuable, so that will be good.
I’ve got a lot to look forward to, and I’m going to get as much of it on this blog as possible. If you have any thoughts, questions, or feedback let me know in the comments below!